DeAnna L’am wrote a fabulous blog post about the Newsweek article on menstruation.
Catch it here, it is a good one! When Newsweek Met Menstruation by DeAnna L’am
DeAnna L’am – Bio:
Fondly known as ‘Womb Visionary’, DeAnna’s work has been transforming women’s lives around the world for over 25 years. She holds Initiation ceremonies for women and girls, reveals the spiritual forces hidden in Menstruation and Menopause, and teaches women how to hold Red Tents in their communities.
Internationally recognized as a pioneer in Menstrual Empowerment, DeAnna is author of‘Becoming Peers – Mentoring Girls Into Womanhood’ and ‘A Diva’s Guide to Getting Your Period’. She is founder of Red Moon School of Empowerment for Women & Girls™ and of Red Tents In Every Neighborhood – Global Movement. Visit her at: www.deannalam.com
A few months back (where does the time go?), I wrote a blog post on lagging libido and how our reproductive tracts are like the canary in the coal mine. When things are out of whack… pay attention as something is amiss in your body.
Things to consider if your Libido’s Luster has Left the Lime Light:
- Is it your age? As we age, our levels of female hormones drop. Hormones are what send us looking for that male balance in our life, mating, sex! Think about female dogs and other mammals: do they go looking for mating experiences when they are not in heat? No way. Same goes for your body: hormones dropping off with age, poor nutrition, and health issues means the physical – biologically driven urge for sex may just not be there. Now is the time to use your mind to want (or not) sexual encounters for the closeness and intimacy it brings. Need some help with lagging lubrication? https://wisewomenredtent.com/2015/10/09/menopauses-effect-on-our-vulvas-vaginas/ and https://wisewomenredtent.com/2013/04/18/voluptuous-vaginas/
- Thyroid: is your thyroid suffering from poor diet, lack of iodine and other key minerals, lack of good self-care?
- Adrenal gland: is it suffering from too much stress, too much coffee & sugar, and not enough sleep / real food / and relaxation (think yoga!)?
All of these beautiful glands work in symphony with each other. One gland out of whack and the other glands suffer as well.
When our glandular health is out of balance, our bodies will actually borrow (more like steal!) the pre-cursor hormones for your reproductive tract. These pre-cursor hormones are used to make other hormones in your body because you are stressed, out of balance. You can survive not having a menstrual cycle or producing offspring but you cannot survive without your thyroid or adrenal.
Females: Know what you are putting in and on your body. The mucous membranes of the vaginal area are very sensitive and blood rich tissue. This means the blood circulation in this area pulls toxins into your blood stream easily.
Consider using organically grown cotton made pads and tampons, organic cotton reusable pads, sea sponge tampons, moon cup /menstrual cups. I will post sites to learn and possibly purchase from below.
Article to read on Roundup toxic pesticide in your menstrual care products:
Products that are clean, chemical free, and most are reusable to prevent more garbage pile up in the world:
- Reusable pads and tampons: http://gladrags.com/product/240/Jade-%26-Pearl-Sea-Sponge-2-Pack.html
- Reusable pads and tampons: http://www.moontimes.co.uk/
- Reusable pads and tampons: http://lunapads.com/
- Reusable pads and tampons: http://gladrags.com/
- Just one brand of menstrual cup: http://divacup.com/
- Sea Sponge reusable tampons: http://gladrags.com/product/240/Jade-%26-Pearl-Sea-Sponge-2-Pack.html
- Disposable organic pads & tampons (great for travel when carrying reusable used menstrual pads is not convenient): http://www.natracare.com/products/
What is a menstrual cup? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstrual_cup
Awesome book on natural menstruation and feminine energy; much healing information from many wise women (AND all of the book $$$ goes to supply women in 3rd world countries with safe menstrual care products, how cool is that!?)
Check this book out and You will be glad you did… share with all your female friends until the page edges are tattered and torn with love and wisdom sharing!
Want to learn more about your beautiful female self and your connected-ness to the moon and all life?
♀ MOON SCHOOL: An 8 week eCourse for all females no matter where you are in your life cycle. Relearning the beauty of female ways from menarche to Wise Woman Menopausal years. A beautiful way to reclaim your life force power and wisdom as a female. Click here for more information.
Love & Light to you as we care for self, others, and the planet as a whole living being, Paula
Have you heard of the PURPLE TENT yet?
This is a new, visionary space, birthed by my colleague DeAnna L’am,
as a place for our Wisdom Years! This is the NEXT STEP after the Red Tent…
During our bleeding years we develop many habits.
We become used to being who we are in the world.
We develop an identity, a direction, a sense of Self.
Menopause will Strip off any Superfluous Habits.
It will Question your Convictions.
It will Shake your sense of Self.
DeAnna, founder of Red Tents In Every Neighborhood,went through a deeply meaningful preparation for Menopause. She walked through the Gateway, and developed tools & consciousness, which you will deeply benefit from learning.
DeAnna is offering an Online PURPLE TENT class where you will learn how to:
• Create a ROAD MAP for your WISDOM YEARS
• LIBERATE yourself from limiting habits
• Create your Ceremony
• Step into Leadership
• Become the Wisdom Goddess OF YOUR LIFE!
- If Menopause is on the Horizon – this is for you! It’s time to PREPARE
- If you are on the Menopausal Road – this is DEFINITELY for you! It’s time to PRACTICE
- If you are No Longer Bleeding – this is Your REALM – It’s time to TAKE your PLACE as A WISE WOMAN!
I encourage and urge you to take your place in the PURPLE TENT!
P.S. – PLEASE Help us Spread the Word – Send this link to all your women friends, share with them this brand new Visionary Realm: http://www.profcs.com/app/?af=1646764
Thank you Greta & Alexandria from Twin Tree Healing
Welcome to the PURPLE TENT: a new, visionary space, birthed by my colleague DeAnna L’am, as a place for our Wisdom Years!
This is the NEXT STEP after the Red Tent…
While in the Red Tent women bleed together, rest, renew, and simply BE…in the Purple Tent –
- women practice their Inner Power,
- embody FREEDOM, and
- dare to be LEADERS.
If you enjoyed the Menopause Wisdom Years Summit –this new place is made especially for you!
The motto for the Summit I was pleased to be part of was a profound Native American saying:
“On her first bleed – a woman MEETS her power
During her bleeding years – she PRACTICES her power
And at Menopause – she BECOMES her POWER!”
In order to BECOME your true Inner Power, to fully EMBODY it – you need to take the journey Toward Menopause CONSCIOUSLY, DELIBERATELY & with PEACE…
To avoid the pain, frustration, and medicalizing of normal biological symptoms…
DeAnna brings depth of experience, vast skill, and a warm heart to guide your travel TOWARD your WISDOM YEARS and THROUGH THEM, with CONSCIOUSNESS and SOUL!
To find PEACE & SELF-LOVE on this journey…
DeAnna invites you to MEET the Menopausal Years with Feminine INTENSITY with FIERCENESS and uncompromising COMMITMENT to your SELF!
- If Menopause is on the Horizon – this is for you! It’s time to PREPARE your power
- If you are on the Menopausal Road – this is DEFINITELY for you! It’s time to PRACTICE your power
- If you are No Longer Bleeding – this is Your REALM – It’s time to TAKE your PLACE as A WISE WOMAN and BE your power!
I invite you to take your place in the PURPLE TENT of WISDOM!
Click Here to learn more and sign up.
Blessings On Your Purple Journey Of Wisdom Power, Paula
P.S. – PLEASE Help us Spread the Word – Send this link to all your women friends, share with them this Brand New Realm: http://www.profcs.com/app/?af=1646764